Today’s travel tip sheet includes information on Orlando’s stellar lineup of live entertainment, ideas for a bird-watching getaway, a popular soccer tournament, and a closer look at activities and unique eats in the local Lake Nona community. Keep reading to find out the latest Orlando entertainment!
In this Article:
- Spring into Soccer: 2022 MexTour Heading to Orlando
- Live Concerts in Orlando
- Plan a Bird-Watching Getaway
- Like a Local: Lake Nona’s local neighborhood
- What’s New This Month
- DYK? Orlando is the top spring break destination
Spring into Soccer: 2022 MexTour Heading to Orlando
Orlando, a sports enthusiast’s playground, will host one of soccer’s most popular U.S. Tour matches. On April 27, the 2022 MexTour will kick off with the Mexican National Team playing Guatemala at the newly renovated Camping World Stadium. Tickets are on sale now at MexTour.org.
Orlando’s Live Music Lineup
Now is the ideal time to plan an Orlando getaway around top-name entertainment to experience live music in a state-of-the-art venue. This year, visitors can experience a unique lineup of concerts ranging from rock and pop to EDM, Latin, and more at Orlando’s Amway Center. Upcoming shows include:
- Bad Bunny – March 29-30 – only Florida show date
- Marco Antonio Solis – April 8
- Chris Tomlin + UNITED – April 9
- Justin Bieber – April 11
- Journey – April 21
- Elton John – April 27
- Ricardo Arjona – May 6
- J Balvin – May 14
- Maverick City Music & Kirk Franklin – June 2
- Juan Luis Guerra – June 4
- New Kids on the Block – July 10
- Swedish House Mafia – July 31Additional concert information can be found here.
Orlando for Bird Watchers
Orlando offers a variety of unforgettable eco-friendly adventures for visitors to enjoy. In recent years, birding has gained an entirely new fan base, as the hobby has grown in popularity during the pandemic. Beginner to expert bird-watching enthusiasts can take advantage of the destination’s many places to be immersed in nature with a unique backdrop:
- Gatorland Bird Rookery – On select dates from March through May, bird enthusiasts and photographers can gain early morning, value-priced access to Gatorland’s expansive nature preserves with the park’s Photographers Pass.
- The Great Florida Birding & Wildlife Trail – An amazing resource for viewing a wide variety of wildlife, this trail offers 17 locations in Orlando and Orange County, as well as numerous other places throughout Florida.
- The Tibet-Butler Preserve – Part of The Great Florida Birding & Wildlife Trail, this oasis for wildlife and nature seekers features over four miles of interpretive hiking trails and elevated boardwalks, an array of natural communities, including bay and cypress swamps, freshwater marshes, and scrub and pine flatwoods.
- Lake Apopka North Shore – Located about 50 minutes northwest of downtown Orlando, this gorgeous area is home to more than 360 bird species, including bald eagles, great blue herons, snow egrets, and anhingas. It’s also the site of the North Shore Birding Festival, which takes place each winter and offers guided birding and nature tours.
Like a Local Spotlight: Lake Nona
Located only 15 minutes from the Orlando International Airport, Lake Nona is a neo-urban community filled with innovation, technology, and a health focus that is home to a wide variety of shops, restaurants, and activities. From scenic dining spots to an all-new sculpture garden, visitors will not want to miss this local Orlando neighborhood.
- The all-new Lake Nona Sculpture Garden, a 50,000-square-foot outdoor space located adjacent to the newly opened Lake Nona Wave Hotel, features lush landscaping and a collection of world-renowned sculptures including one of the most recognized in the world, the Charging Bull by Arturo di Modica.
- Nona Adventure Park features a floating Aqua Park, Cable Park for wakeboarding/water skiing, a one-of-a-kind 60-foot climbing tower, and a ropes course.
- The USTA National Campus offers an exciting way to enjoy tennis and pickleball with top-notch facilities, a full agenda of tennis events, and 100 fully-lit courts. Family Zone 60′ and 36′ courts are available at no charge when programming isn’t scheduled.
- Drive Shack, an interactive golf complex, features 90 bays for group golfing fun, a rooftop terrace lounge, over 300 TVs, and a full grill and bar-restaurant, serving everything from brunch to craft cocktails.
- Lakefront Canvas Restaurant & Market features American cuisine influenced by Florida’s Southern and Latin American roots with a focus on seasonal and regional produce.
- Boxi Park, one of Lake Nona’s most reputable hangout spots, is central Florida’s first outdoor food hall and entertainment venue built from repurposed shipping containers. This is a perfect spot for families, kids, and even dogs.
- BACAN, located at the newly opened Lake Nona Wave Hotel, offers an innovative dining experience, a unique ambiance with eclectic features, and an elevated yet approachable menu influenced by the many flavors of the Americas.
What’s New in Orlando this Month?
Stay up to date on Orlando’s most recent announcements and openings – from attractions to restaurants and events – available accommodations and here.
Did You Know?
Orlando was named the No. 1 U.S. destination for spring break travel by Travel Pulse.